Why a Playbook?

An important step in reaching the goals that we have outlined for the company is developing and implementing a plan or as we call it a playbook. This playbook is a living document that will empower and guide us in growing our community.

While each organization’s culture and needs are different, when it comes to how playbooks are structured, there are key success strategies that are common to all.

  • The Playbook is an organic document: it’s a chameleon-like document, which retains the same body, but changes color to reflect shifts in the internal and external environment. A good rule of thumb is that once a playbook is published, about 75% of it will be “evergreen” with the other 25% needing to be updated periodically.

  • The Playbook structure is flexible: it’s not meant to be a command and control document. Rather, view it as a set of guardrails for interactions. The playbook’s purpose is to empower and provide protection and direction, as opposed to being a rigid and inflexible set of commandments.

  • The Playbook is a reference: it functions as a guide for those within the organization seeking to understand our brand, our customers, and our goals. It will provide direction and inform the creation and distribution of external communication, and offer instruction for the internal management of communication.

Companies with a strong digital marketing presence have a good plan. Although execution is necessary, much of it can fall flat of achieving your goals without a strategy set to your implementation plan. The playbook is a comprehensive guide to social and content marketing strategy, design, and execution. In the creation of this living document we will analyze where you are now, set a direction for the future, and provide you with the tools, knowledge, and training to successfully execute the strategy.

The playbook is an inclusive process. Together, we discover key insights about where you are currently. We define who your audience is and where they participate. We develop content plan to meet their needs, then set a strategy for where we will distribute that content, so that you’re participating where your audience is seeking information to solve their problem and create awareness about your solution. Then we determine who will and when to deliver what we created within the playbook. Finally, we deepen your knowledge teaching your team how to implement and execute using the tools and platforms outlined in the playbook.

If this sounds like something that you could benefit from contact Katie to get started with your Playbook today.

Katie Felten

Strategy House, 342 North Water Street, Milwaukee, WI, 53202

World Class Community Builder | Event Producer | Connector | Voracious Reader | Avid Juicer | Rock Climber | Adventure Traveler | Bikram Yoga Fanatic | Love EDM